Ukaguzi wa ndani
This Unit is led by a Chief Internal Auditor
To ensure that the Management adhered to the relevant legislations by providing advisory services .
To appraise the soundness and application of accounting, financial and operational control.
The activities of the Unit are:-
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the Ministry.
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation.
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operating data.
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets.
- Review and report on the operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals.
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by management in response to internal and external audit reports.
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in the Ministry.
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit reports.